Friday, February 20, 2009

Why Wireless?

I think having a wireless internet connection on a school's campus is a good idea. Being a college student, I find it very useful to have access to the internet while I am on campus. There have been several times when I have needed the internet in between classes or even in class for school-related information. Some teachers post class notes and handouts online, and it is beneficial for students with laptops to be able to log in and access these materials.

Some professors and teachers may be concerned about students becoming distracted by the availability of the internet at any time during class, though. I will admit that I have used the internet while in class for purposes other than accessing school-related materials. I feel as though I should have a choice as to what I am using the internet for while I am in class, though. Students that are using it for educational purposes shouldn't lose privileges if it is benefiting them in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment