Wednesday, January 14, 2009

ALEX

I did a search in Google for the Alabama Learning Exchange (ALEX) website, and I'm already interested in it. The site seems very helpful from what I've seen so far.
On this site, you can search courses of study like mathematics, science, English, social studies, or even more detailed searches to find exactly what you're looking for. Once you find the course you're looking for, you click on it and choose the grade of the subject you want to examine. It lists several objectives almost like a guideline to teaching, and each one has links to lesson plans. Some even have web links to helpful related websites. Some have a lot of lesson plans to view and offer possible demonstrations that may be beneficial to the students. The lesson plans can even be saved to your computer.
I have already saved this site to my favorites because I plan on using it. I've been looking at each subject's lesson plans and web links. There are so many possible ways to provide useful information to kids. The demonstrations sound fun, and I think kids would enjoy learning. I can't wait to start teaching. I hope to find similar sites to help me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment