Friday, April 17, 2009

EDM 310

We covered a lot in this class, and I learned a lot!

Blog--I really like the idea of using a blog when I teach. I had never blogged before, but I have come to really like it.

Presentation--I think that once I start teaching this could help my students get to know each other. I never knew that Google even had this program, and it was easy to use.

Google Docs--This FREE tool is very easy to use and neat. You are a little limited to what you can do with it, but it's free! I really like this.

Spreadsheets--I knew a little bit about spreadsheets because my dad uses them for his computer business, but I have never created one of my own for anything. I didn't realize how much you can do with them.

Picasa--I have used this before this class, and I really like it. It's fun to be creative with pictures to make them look better.

Podcast--The podcasts really made me think about the topics that everyone discussed. I learned a lot from everyone in their podcast.

Twitter--I really don't like Twitter mostly because I don't see how it can be useful to me.

Other Teachers/Students--It's good to know that there are so many helpful people out there that can give really good advice and provide great resources for teachers.

iTunes--I have used iTunes many times, but I had no idea how much was on there related to education. It's very cool and useful.

Professional--I am glad that we had to make a professional blog because I plan on using it when I'm ready to find a job.

Google Forms/Data Bases--These are both neat tools that I really feel like I can use as a teacher. The data base is an easy way to collect data like contact information for each student.

Google Earth--I knew about this and have played around with it before. I think it's a cool program.

Delicious--I really don't know much about this because I think I was absent for it, but I searched it on Google. I saw how it was showing the most popular bookmarks for websites I'm guessing...Seems somewhat useful...

ACCESS/ALEX--Both were very good resources that I know I will use when I teach. I would have never known about them had it not been for this class.

Foliotek--I have never used this before. It appears to be a modern way of keeping up with classwork. It looks hard to me since I have never used it, but I am sure it is easy for those that are familiar with it.



I have really learned a lot of valuable information in this class--the blogging idea is my favorite. I also enjoyed learning about everything Google has to offer because I had no idea. The iGoogle page is something I love, too.

I feel as though there are things I learned about that I will never use, but I am glad that I know about them. It's amazing how many resources there are out there if you just look!

No comments:

Post a Comment