Friday, April 17, 2009

Plusses and Minuses of Blogs in a Classroom

After reading other classmates' blogs, I can tell that they learned a few new things by blogging just like I did. Before this class, I had never blogged a day in my life. I had really always been against the idea because I never really saw a point in it. I couldn't see how blogs could really be useful in a classroom, but after this class, I see that they really could be somewhat useful.

I have thought of a few positive things about blogs being used in the classroom. I think they are a good way for students to keep up with assignments. They may even be used for keeping in touch with the parents. It's also a way for students to learn new and interesting material. Students can also use blogs as a way to enhance writing, reading, and even computer skills.

There are also a few negative things about using blogs in the classroom, though. First of all, not all students may have a computer or have access to one. In my opinion, it would be kind of hard to use blogs in the classroom when teaching the youngest ones in elementary school: parents may not want their young child on the internet. Blogging may become a distraction for some, too.

I did, in fact, learn a lot from blogging in my EDM 310 class. I'm glad that I was introduced to blogging because it opened my eyes to new ideas when I begin teaching. I never realized how many resources there are out there for teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment