Friday, April 17, 2009

Twitter

To be completely honest, I didn't really do much to learn about Twitter. I have had an opinion on it since I was first introduced to it, and I've stuck with that opinion. It is hard for me to visualize how I can use this once I start teaching. I think it is too time consuming. I feel as though I just can't keep up with all of the tweets, especially with school and work. It's overwhelming how many tweets can been posted in just an hour, and if you aren't online, you miss so much.

I really haven't taken the time to get involved in twittering. I think I only tweeted twice. I am following quite a few people, and I read some of their tweets when I log on, but I still find it hard to keep up with everyone. I even added a Twitter gadget to my iGoogle page. I can never think of anything to tweet about or even who to direct the tweet to.

Twitter is also a little confusing to me with all of the different commands and ways to talk to a specific person or group publicly or privately. I know that I shouldn't have a negative attitude about something I really haven't even tried, but I just don't see how it can be useful to me. Who knows--maybe one day I'll be twittering...

No comments:

Post a Comment